Activity Calender for 2015 of Engineers’ Welfare Forum, WBPDCL
Seminar Committee of the EWF to conduct national seminar on ”Non Conventional Energy Sources” on 05th & 06th September,2015 at “Bhasha Bhawan Auditorium”, National Library,Kolkata
The Central Executive Committee of the EWF has formed the following “seminar committee” to conduct the above mentioned national seminar. This year EWF-STPS will organize the national seminar.[table “9” not found /]
[table “10” not found /]
Letter to CMD regarding 3rd CPS for Class-I Engineers
Ref No: WBPDCLEWF/CEC/2014-15/ 116 Date: 26.12.14
The Chairman & Managing Director,
The West Bengal Power Development Corpn. Ltd.,
Bidyut Unnayan Bhaban, Plot No.3/C,
LA Block, Sector-III, Salt Lake City,
Kolkata – 700098.
Sub: 3rd CPS for Class-I Engineers.
Ref : Office Order No. 717/2014 Dated 08/12/14 of ED(HR)
With reference to the office order mentioned above , we are hereby requesting you for providing us 3rd CPS i.e. up to the post of DGM(Engg.)/ DGM(CIVIL) with Grade Pay of Rs.8700/- per month on completion of 25 years of service(including one year training period). As Engineers are now getting only Two (02) nos of promotion under CPS whereas others are getting more than two (02) nos of promotion under CPS , so we are demanding for 3 rd CPS likewise the above order.
Awaiting for your kind consideration.
Engineers’ Welfare Forum, WBPDCL
Mobile: 8336904046, Fax: 03222-256267
Enclo: A copy of office order No:717/2014, Dt:08/12/2014 of ED(HR)
Letter from C&MD, WBPDCL on 6th Aug’2014 about appreciation of EWF as an accredited ISO 9001:2008 (QMS) organization on & from 8th July’2014
Meeting with C&MD, WBPDCL and CEC, EWF ended on 06.02.2013
Meeting with C&MD, WBPDCL and CEC, EWF ended on 06.02.2013 with fruitful and cordial manner.
The following points were discussed in the meeting.
- Introduction of improved Security system in all power plant area: Present security system is in the alarming stage. It needs to be improved on a short term and long term basis. C&MD gives his consent to our proposal and will be looking into it on an emergency basis.
- Present Status of formation of Vigilance Cell:
Discussion made with the above subject and it will be formed as soon as external chief vigilance officer is selected.
- Promotional Policy: CPS should be awarded in every 4 yrs interval as per present industrial practice. He will sincerely look into the matter.
- Allowances: Following points were successfully discussed.
- Dearness Allowance with arrear to be disbursed as soon as possible.
- Economy Class Air Fare for class-I officers should be provided at par present industrial status.
- Special allowance should be revised as follows:Attendance allowance: attendance>=15days<=20 days allowance should be revised to Rs.2000. attendance>=21 days allowance should be revised to Rs.3000.Night shift allowanceshould be 1% of basic pay per night shift and the minimum 05 nights bar is to be omitted.Conveyance Allowanceto be increased from Rs 500/- to Rs 1500/- per month due to the increase of all modes of transport.Profitability linked Exgratia:Profitability linked Exgratia to be paid to the employee with 70% attendance calculated on yearly basis and it will be disbursed as per basic pay. In case of no profit, no profitability linked exgratia is to be paid. To be further discussion is necessary.Incentive: Incentive is absent since long. It is to be started as early as possible without any delay. He is positive about the subject and necessary process to be got through.
- ED (Project) & ED(O&M) Postsshould be filled up as early as possible. He has noted the point.
- PB-4 scale is to be restructured as per GoWB. He will look into the matter.
- Latest status of legal arbitration with M/s DEC. It is under observation. WBPDCL is not getting any benefit from this arbitration and we losing OEM support. To be discussed in the appropriate level for future course of action.
- Miscellaneous:Township infrastructuresequipped with up to the mark Hospital (with X-Ray, Lab. facility), School & Market are to be developed in each site.(Specially in STPS, SgTPP & BkTPP sites). He gives his consent for such improvement.Synchronisation of duty timefor Engineers & Staffs working in General Shift inside the plants and Officers & Staffs working in HR & A and F & A in different Plant Locations as it is in other Central / State PSUs.C&MD has agreed the logical views of us and informed that he will see the matter.BSNL CUGto be changed to AIRTEL CUG as per INDIAN RAILWAY, BHEL etc. for better service. CUG service is to be provided up to Asstt. Manager( in charge) Level. C & MD has noted the point.Thanks to all.
Engineers’ Welfare Forum,WBPDCL