Prof & Head,IIT-KGP
Qualifications: Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA, 1987. M.Tech. and B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, 1976 – 1983. Area of Interest: Vibration, Dynamics, Elasticity, Multi-scale modeling of materials, Vibration based fault diagnosis in Industrial Installations. Contributed several peer reviewed International and national Journal and Conference papers. Current Position: Professor and Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Teaching and research experience for 23 years. Involved in several projects of national importance, namely:
- Design and Dynamics of the Cryo-arms of the SLP at Shar Centre, Sriharikota, ISRO.
- Design of liquid Springs for mobile missile launchers, DRDO.
- Vibration reduction of the Kaveri engine rotor by Squeeze film damper, GTRE.
- Reduction of turbine blade vibration in Kaveri Engine rotor, GTRE
- Design and dynamics of a flexible rotor suspended by Active magnetic bearings, CSIR.